- Manual Top Discharge
- Lifting Bag
- Bottom Discharge
- Horizontal Pharma Peeler
- Chemical Peeler
- Hydro Extractors
Horizontal Pharma Peeler
The Horizontal Pharma Peeler is a batch type automatic / semi automatic filtering centrifuge. The axis of rotation of the basket in this centrifuge is horizontal. It is ideally suited for a clean room installation - ’’through the wall’’ using a flexible membrane as required in pharmaceutical applications.
Cycle of Operation
FEEDING : A filter media is fixed to the cylindrical surface of a perforated basket. The feed slurry is directed to the basket wall using a feed pipe. Feeding is carried out while the basket is rotating at an appropriate speed. After the required cake is built, feeding is stopped. The Centrifuge is run for some time to partially de-water the solids. Feeding can be repeated if there is adequate space for further build up of cake.
WASHING : After feeding, washing is carried out by pumping wash liquid through the feed cum wash pipe.
SPINNING : The Basket is run at Spinning Speed to complete the de-watering process.
SCRAPING : The speed of the basket is reduced to Scraping Speed. A Scraper Knife cuts the solids, discharging them through the chute.
HEEL REMOVAL - OPTIONAL : Some material remains on the filter media after scraping and is called residual heel . This heel can be removed by using the heel removal system.
CLEANING IN PLACE - OPTIONAL : Centrifuge can be cleaned using a CIP system.
- Ideally suited for a "Through the wall" Installation - with complete separation of the process area (feed, wash, solid discharge) from service area (motor, hydraulic power pack, bearing housing). The entire bearing housing is bolted to the frame and is removable from the service area.
- Fully opening outer body giving full access to basket (Inside, outside and rear up to the shaft), peeler knife and other inner parts for cleaning, inspection, validation and swab tests. This design is much easier to validate than the Bottom Discharge Type.
- Higher Centrifugal force for drier and purer products.
- Splashing of slurry in solid discharge chute is negligible as compared to the Bottom Discharge Type.
- Integrated inertia mass with Anti vibration mounts - eliminating the need for a separate inertia mass and heavy foundation.
- Residual Heel removal for optimum solids recovery.
- CIP for easy cleaning and faster product changes.
- Entire operation in an Inerted atmosphere.
- Self draining design for minimum retention of liquid
- Uniform cake formation - Gravity does not hamper this process.
Material of construction : Stainless Steel, Hastelloy, Fluoro-polymer coated (like ECTFE, PFA etc).
Available Sizes (Basket Dia ): 630 mm to 1500mm (Special sizes can be designed on request)
Volume under Lip : 40 to 550 lit per batch
Max Permissible Load * : 40 to 550 kg per batch
Centrifugal Force : 920 to 2028 - depending on size of Basket
Speed of Basket : 1050 to 2400 RPM - depending on size of Basket
NOTE : Horizontal Pharma Peeler Centrifuges is advised for a non-sticky crystalline product which can be easily cut by the scraper blade.
Stainless Steel Horizontal Pharma Peelar
Stainless Steel Halar Coated Horizontal Pharma Peelar
Separation of process area and service area